Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
March 1st 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Although reluctant to leave all that gold in the Arrow River, we ventured on to Queenstown for a look-see, staying at the Top 10 in Shotover a few km outside of Queenstown itself. Despite the rain, we went on the Gondola to get an aerial view of Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu.

The Gondola ride isn't as fearsome as it looks, given the height it ascends to. It's a nice wee ride, and you're at the top before you know it. True to NZ form, there's a bungy a the top where the Gondola stops. Known as the Ledge Bungy, it's an AJ Hackett special, with a 47 metre drop which must feel like you're diving out over Queenstown. Not for the faint hearted! Just outside of Queenstown is Kawarau Bungy, the original AJ Hackett bungy, where countless lemmings have jumped off the 43 metre Kawarau Bridge to get their hair wet in the river.

Instead, we opted for the equally adventurous sport of fudge tasting, in Queenstown's Remarkable Sweet Shop, where we managed to spend $27 on sweets, as consolation for not finding any gold in Arrowtown. The thing is, the lady made us try the fudge and we couldn't decide between the Creme Brulee and the Turkish Delight so we bought both along with some nougat, chocolate limes, chocolate speckles, and vanilla caramels.

And as true Adventure Junkies, we went back the next day for some more Creme Brulee fudge, just to keep up supplies...



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb