The Adventure Capital of the World (bring yer credit cards)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
December 6th 2006
Published: December 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

QueenstownQueenstownQueenstown

The view form the top of the Gondola
There no point going on about how beautiful queenstown is with the lake, the hills and the lush forests. That's not the reason people flock to this place by the 1000's. People come here as it is like a giant playgound for adults where you can do almost anything in the name of fun.

If you want, you can swing into a canyon on a plastic patio chair, you can do any of three bungi jumps with one being the second highest in the world at 134 m high. You can white water raft on any of several rivers in the area, of if you don't wanna raft you can shoot the rapids on a surfboard. Alternatively, you can cruise down a steep hill on a tray on wheels or you can jet boat on the lake or any of the nearby rivers. These are only a few of the zillions of stupid things you can do in Queenstown, of course all of these cost a few quid so better get saving!!

As it was Claire's birthday we went white water rafting (really good fun) then out for a meal followed by a pub crawl around Queenstown with Paul
BungiBungiBungi

the worlds first commercial bungy
and Rachael.

The only other adrenaline activity we checked out was the Luge, this is simply going down a hard track on a tray with wheels. Its pretty cheap and really good with the track over a km long, so we had seven go's each. You have to ride the gondola (a cable car) to get up to the track which is pretty good, with smart views of the lake.

We had a day trip to milford sound but that's on a different entry.

That's it, a good place to visit, but its pretty expensive if you wanna do a few things.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

QueenstownQueenstown
Queenstown

Queenstown again.
LugeLuge
Luge

The luge track. Lots of fun, 7 go's each.
The results of excessThe results of excess
The results of excess

Claire is under there somewhere. Post birthday illness.


12th December 2006

hibernation
here we see the rare english maiden on reaching 24 in mid winter it is then the species normally starts to hibernate fromt the evening of the 6th december, to help achieve this slowed down state alchohol is taken in to help adjust to the long winter nights hibernation normally lasts nearly three weeks until around 25 december!

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 81; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb