Glacier fun


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Punakaiki
April 5th 2010
Published: April 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well since Leaving queenstown we have been to a few different places. After having a lovely stay in Cromwell visiting old Cromwell town and driving out to bendigo for an Ice cream and viewing the fleece of the famous sheep shrek we left for glacier country. Unfortunately for us that bad weather we found in te anau decided to follow us. We arrived in fox glacier accompanied by rain. So we went with it and walked the glacier anyway. Let's just say we were quite wet when returned to the van. We stopped the night at frans Josef to dry out and spent this morning out for awalk to see the frans Josef glacier. What a wonderous site. A favourite of the trip so far. We moved on next to hokitiki to have lunch by the beach. While we were here us gals picked out a pounami tiki each of which had special meaning to us. Pounami is a nz stone not a filthy nappy if that's what some of you are thinking. We arrived at paparoa to our stopover for the night and headed for an afternoon at the blowholes and pancake rock. AMAZING!!! we then had an early dinner at the local tav and returned home to visit the glow worm caves in our accomodation grounds. Kids thought this was really cool. Hannah saw an enormous possum with her torch. Max thought he was point man in some jungle night fighting. Beth was just worried she was going to fall down a sink hole. Bunking down now to get ready for long trip tomorrow up to motueka to stay with cams aunty and uncle. Everyone is well and having a great time. The partridge family.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb