south island


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
April 29th 2010
Published: April 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So got on the bus on tuesday and went from christchurch to kaikoura (north of christchurch), met quite a few people on the bus so that was good. Kaikoura is right on the coast, sea was a perfect blue colour. Was supposed to go for a spot of whale watching but the trip was cancelled due to rough seas, i do pass through here again so maybe next time. Instead I went for a walk with some people from my bus along the beach, we reached a point where there were loads of seals sunning themselves on the beach and rocks, that was awesome!

I was extremely tired so after some dinner and a very annoying soup-in-bag incident I decided to go to bed, hopefully sleep off some of the jetlag!

The next day we went from Kaikoura to Picton, Picton is the ferry terminal for getting to the North terminal, lots of people from my bus did this, but i have still lots to do in the south island. I met a canadian girl
(from alberta, 3 hours from calgary, thought of you toni and milton, i know you will be pleased 😊). we went for a walk along the harbour and along a trail to Bob's bay. Along this track the view looked like the end of the Lord of the rings when frodo and Gandalf etc are going away on the ship, (I don't know if it was) but it was beautiful. Bob's bay was just a small cove with many dead jelly fish lying on the beach (reminded me of dad).

later we went for a cycle around picton which is quite quaint, no two houses look the same here, they are all very pretty. The hostel we are staying at is cool, they gave us free apple crumble and ice cream in the evening - how homely, this pleased me lots! I had another fairly early night, but woke up this morning feeling a lot less jetlagged!

Going to a place called abel tasman today, beautiful beaches apparently! i hope the weather picks up, it has been really warm and sunny the past couple of days but is currently raining!

Until the next time . . .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb