Alexandra


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago
February 4th 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Climbing TreesClimbing TreesClimbing Trees

Walking by the river with the girls and climbing the trees!
The past month has been spent working at an orchard, picking and packing cherries and thinning apples. It has been hard work and at times very boring, in particular in the freezing cold packing shed. Alex is a very small farming community with not a lot going on, so after getting up at 5.30 every morning we we're pretty tired.

We stayed at a great hostel called Marj's place, a very homely place and the couple who owned it really looked after the two of us. We met some fantastic people at Marj's and sampled some wonderful asian food while there. Working with the girls from the hostel was good fun, i'm sure we brightened up their day with our singing and dancing while packing cherries! We're looking foward to letting our hands and arms recover after they have been shredded and certainly look like working hands now. Our road trip up the west coast to Blenheim begins today, our car is packed full of food and all our camping gear for two weeks on the road. We'll let you know how it goes, hopefully no big catastrophic adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Laura and MarjLaura and Marj
Laura and Marj

Our "adopted" mum while staying in Alexandra
ThinningThinning
Thinning

Spot Jenny!


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb