Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
December 15th 2004
Published: December 15th 2004
Edit Blog Post

The Town CentreThe Town CentreThe Town Centre

Ever so slightly more attractive than Manchesters equivalent.
Ahah back to New Zealand then. I thought i'd seen the best scenery i will ever see once i'd returned ffom Fiji but i was dead wrong. The South Island especially Fiordland and Otago is stunning!!. I met up with my friend Clarke (from Berri)up in christchurch and we caught the bus down to Queenstown. Our jaws were scraping the bus floor for most of the journey. We literally could'nt believe some of the sights that we passed by the that bus. Towering snow capped mountains that went on over the horizon with large mint coloured lakes at the base, the colours were staggering and contrasting, amazing stuff.
Queenstown is awesome, a little town surrounded by mountains quite fittingly named the remarkables. With people jumping off the peak of the gondola all day it makes for a strange sight to seeall these parachutes gliding down to earth every day. Me Mike and Clarke spent about 6 weeks here and had a great time especially on New years eve. I have to class it as my best newyears eve even better than Sydney a year ago. One of us was caught drinking in the street in the ban zone and decided to run away from the police, needless to say he spent the whole night in a cell!! i wont mention his name but MIKE was non too pleased. Theres too much to write but it was a great atmosphere to be there in Queenstown, lots of people, everybody loved it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

NewYearsEveNewYearsEve
NewYearsEve

Me Clarke and Gav from berri, but wait Mike is missing from this picture??? Mike where were you that night?


1st July 2005

Classic Miami Vice New Year
Hello everyone, as you can see by the photo we are major fans of everything 80's, and we actually thought the small man with the red jacket was Jimmy Krankie.....sadly he wasn't and our New Year was ruined.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb