Rest Day


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
July 28th 2004
Published: July 28th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Minus FiveMinus FiveMinus Five

All dressed up for the -5 temperature of the Ice bar
I spent the morning recovering from the party the night before.  We had all gone out to the Red Rock to meet up with other Kiwi Experience passengers and drivers past and present.  Queenstown is normally the point in the trip where people split up and do their own thing or carry on with the tour so we were promissed a party - which is exactly what we got!!  A few of us braved the cold in order to experience the Minus 5 bar, where everything is made of ice including the glasses.  The half hour in the bar wearing thick 'parka' style jackets and furry booties and drinking cocktails was great fun, the maximum time you are aloud to stay is half an hour, but my warm scottish blood could easily have lasted another 30min.
When we were finally chucked out we headed to a typical backpacker haunt to drink the famous cocktails out of teapots!!  So as you can probably tell I needed a sleep in to recover then after that I hit the shops to buy up some souveniers, then to the information centre to catch up with fellow ex-Aberdeen student friend Fiona.
It was about time I had
Ice Ice BabyIce Ice BabyIce Ice Baby

Was it the temperature and the early stages of hypothermia or just the vodka laced cocktails that made us do crazy things?
an early night and I snuggled into my cosy bunk at about 9.30pm so that I would be fully refreshed for skiing at the 'Remarkables' ski slopes the next day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb