Oamaru


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Oamaru
November 26th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's Jordan again. Our day today started in Dunedin. We got to go on a tour of the Speights brewery in downtown. The factory entrance is located on a steep street near the center of town. It is in an old brick building that was rebuilt in the 1940's and all of the machinery from that time is the machinery which is still used today. I got a panarama shot of the inside of the brewing room. I haven't put it together yet, so I'm hoping it looks good.

After the brewery tour, we took a drive on the peninsula just east of Dunedin. This drive was amazing. There is only one road on and off this place, and it runs along the coast of the bay. Talk about a curved and unforgiving road! Probably one of the greatest roads I have ever been on. Speeding around narrow corners at 50 kph while hugging the edge of the road with no guardrails seperating us and the ocean...wild stuff. At the end of this peninsula was an albatross reserve. The greatest thing about it was this reserve was on top of 150 ft high cliffs with roaring waves at the base. I saw some kind of seal swimming in the ocean at the bottom of the cliffs near giant 20-25 ft long sea kelp.

Our next stop was at the Moeraki boulders. I got some great pictures of this area, but if you want to learn some sweet geology, copy and paste the following link to read up about those spheres on the beach...http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/destinations/moeraki.html

Well, our day ended today in a town called Oamaru. There isn't much in this town, but I'm sure we'll find something to do. Hope you all enjoy the pictures and I'll write again soon.

Jordan



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



26th November 2008

Good beer?
The pan-pictures turned out pretty good. What is the last picture you posted PB260099? I can't figure out what it is...is it a water fall, a drain off, beer running off on the ground??? These are questions your viewer want to know. Have fun.

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb