Golf by the Sea


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Oamaru
September 14th 2008
Published: September 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 532 (11.09.08)

With another great morning’s weather Mark and Dad had been looking for a place to play a bit of golf and had spotted a course on the way into town the previous day, The North Otago Golf Club. Packing everything up as went down and hired clubs and played 9 holes around a great (if a little waterlogged at points) course, the highlight of which were three holes played along the cliffs overlooking the surf. Great fun - Dad managed to beat Mark (as usual)!

After a quick walk around Oamaru admiring the grand local buildings we left Mum and Dad to continue on into the mountains before spending an hour or so burning our pics onto CD’s.

Eventually managing to get back on the road we had planned to meet at a backpackers called Buscot Station just outside Omarama. On the way we stopped off at the Elephant Rocks (a setting for some of ‘The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe’ film) and a couple of Maori rock art sites.

Arriving at Buscot Station we met Tony (the owner) and settled into the best backpackers we have ever been to. Before we knew it we felt right at home and had a great evening. The Backpackers is a lovely house situated in what feels like the middle of nowhere on some of the and from a cattle and merino sheep station. Tony is extremely knowledgeable and happy to tell you all about local life and farming on the station.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.774s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 42; qc: 165; dbt: 0.6757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb