Nelson


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region
April 8th 2007
Published: April 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you all got some lovely chocolate eggs! Lisa, Chris and I decided the budget would allow a creme egg each so I'll be feasting on that today!

Thank goodness we've left hell! The hostel in Kaikoura was definately the worst we have stayed in so far. Although last night wasn't as bad as we bought some duvets...I think we all slept like babies as it was so much warmer!

The journey to Nelson took about 3.5hrs. We stopped off at Blenheim on the way for a bit of lunch. Allt he towns seem a lot more built up on the east coast and there is definately much less rain! The weather has been really nice and i've had to get the sun cream out again!

Our hostel here in Nelson is nice. Its up a bit of a hill (not good in the heat!) but we have our own little kitchen and TV room we share with two other people. Free tea and coffee...I'm in heaven!!

Nelson is really nice, the streets are all lined with trees and hanging baskets. I think it has a population of about 52,000 but it's really dead today, I guess because it's easter sunday. We had a wander and found the oldest restored street in NZ. Its called South Street and the houses and guest houses are really cute.We're probably going to check out the beach tomorrow and have look at the Japanese gardens.

Tuesday we head to Picton, drop off the car and catch the ferry to Wellington. Then it's back on the buses! Really looking forward to the North!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Nelson City CentreNelson City Centre
Nelson City Centre

It's really happening here isn't it!


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0767s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb