Off to Nelson


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
April 2nd 2010
Published: April 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, all packed up and stuffed in Louise's little car named Madge and we were off to Nelson. We had to drive through the beautiful Lewis Pass to get there. Took us about 6 hours to drive from Christchurch to Nelson. As it was good friday when we arrived there wasn't much open and the town was a ghost town. We found our hostel and found out that they made a mistake with our booking but using my amazing receptionist powers I got us into another hostel for the second night.

Pictures

Walked arouond town and found a restaurant open to have some dinner at as neither of us felt like cooking after the long drive.

The next day we went to the big market in Nelson they have on Saturday's. Met up with Kumiko a former coworker from OCH. She showed us around the market and then we moved to the hostel that she is now working at called The Bug (as in vw beetles). It was a great place and it was super sunny out so we headed to the beach! Soooooooo nice! I put my feet in the water that was a bit cold but not too shocking. Drove back to the hostel and made dinner and visited with Kumiko.

The next day we waited around for Emily to arrive from Christchurch. Since it was Easter Sunday nothing was open again so not much for us to do besides wait. We picked Em up from the bus station around 2:30pm and we made the short little drive over to Motueka for the night. I will you al about that in the next blog! Pictures will be posted soon I promise!

Advertisement



30th April 2010

are you heading to golden bay? enjoy your stay in nelson region!

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb