Friday 6th February - Nelson


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
February 6th 2009
Published: February 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey!

Arrived in Nelson after stopping at Picton to change drivers and pick up people who were coming over from the North Island to join our bus. Really glad to be changing drivers (getting rid of she-man) newbie, Cam, seems like a laugh!
Drove to Nelson, checked in to Fern Tree Lodge which was really nice (except for the kitchen!) with 4 other people from our bus. Nice mixed dorm, 2 candians, Jessica and Bryan (Apple as we called him for stealing apple juice from us for his vodka on the previous night and because we didn't know his name so christened him Apple and has now stuck so everyone is calling him it!) Scott from Oz who had stayed with us in the previous dorm and Luke who was from Hull. After checking in we walked to the Centre of New Zealand which had great views. Spent the night getting to know our fellow dorm buddies, great bunch of people and we had a good laugh learning new drinking games ; ) A few locals decided to join us and gave us a personal performance of the Haka! Continued on to a couple of bars to finish the night off, alcohol is very cheap here! Off to Westport tomorrow.

Hope you are all ok xxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb