Happy New Year!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
December 31st 2005
Published: December 30th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Happy New Year from sunny New Zealand! Hope you all have a great 2006 with lots of fun and adventures! Well I left Australia behind and have just spent 10 days in the north island of New Zealand. I met up with my Dad in Auckland and it is nice to have some company for the next month. Auckland was a bit wet but since then the weather has been glorious! Enjoyed a nice meal in the revolving restaurant of the sky tower in Auckland, went on a hole in the rock cruise in the Bay of Islands and spent Christmas in Rotorua. Christmas Day was lovely we went on a cable car, did a luge ride, patted baby lion cubs at Paradise Valley and went to a Polynisian thermal Spa! Boxing Day we went out for a traditional Maori evening and Hangi dinner. Managed not to laugh when they were doing the Haka so am still alive.

Spent two nights in Wellington and then caught the ferry over to the south island. Did a 13 km walk yesterday in the Abel Tasman national park with absolutely stunning scenery. Off wine tasting this afternoon which is why I am writing this now and then to a BBQ with friends of my Dad's to celebrate the New Year. Have a good one!

Advertisement



31st December 2005

Happy new year
Your xmas certainly beat the standard turkey fest. Happy new year. When are you coming back to Blighty?
3rd January 2006

Time of your life!
Wow - you're certainly having the trip of a lifetime - happy new year to you and your dad!!

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb