Birthday Time!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Nelson
November 20th 2005
Published: November 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

17.11.05 Got up and went back into town to try and spend some money, as had no luck yet. Got some bottoms then went for our ferry to the south island. Mel was worried as we had been told it was a very rough crossing. It was very calm. It took us through the Marlborough Sounds which were pretty. It took us 3 hours 20. Arrived in Picton and I (me not Andy) went to get my hair trimmed. Then got settled into our site.

18.11.05 Woke up to Andy singing happy birthday, got my card and pressie (wallet) from Andy. Drove the 2 hours to Nelson along the coast of the Marlborough sounds, stopping frequently to admire and take photos of the beautiful bays and landscape.
Arrived in Nelson and had a walk around town to spend some birthday money, in the afternoon we chilled in the sun and got my birthday cake with candles! Then prepered for our night on the town. That night we went out for an indian with our BYO $5 bottle of wine. It was lovely, a real treat. We had intended to go on for some more drinks but we were too full!

19.11.05 Today we went to Nelson market in Montgomery square which was good. We sunbathed in the afternoon and Andy went over the road to watch a bit of cricket.
That night we went to the cinema to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose, which was really good and scarey, we would reccomend it. We then went to a couple of bars and saw a live band in the Shark bar.

20.11.05 After a stop at our favourite store, Warehouse ('where everyone gets a bargain'), a mix between Wilkos and Matalan. We drove to Abel Tasman National Park and the town of Motueka. Here we had a walk around a market. We carried on to Kaiteiriteri beach, very pretty, we had our lunch here and sunbathed for a few hours. Next was our final destination of Marahau, the gateway to the park. This is the furthest you can drive into the park.
That evening we went cockle picking on the beach, got a bag full which Andy ate, very nice, needed a bit more vinegar though. I tried one.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



21st November 2005

Raaaaaaaaaaaar!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL (watch out for those dodgy cockle-pickers)!!!! Love ya Mandy x x
22nd November 2005

Birthday time
Happy birthday Mel! Glad you had a nice time. Sending you loads of belated birthday wishes. Lots of love from me and David.XXXXX

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb