Cruising Milford Sound


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
April 20th 2010
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Back on the stray bus. This time there was only a few of us, 14 I think. So smaller group which was cool. Our first stop was Te Anau. It’s a small town right on a lake. This is when our group started to suck haha. We dropped 2 girls off and picked up the most annoying irritating german guy in the world. For some reason he chose to sit in front of me.

Pictures

He NEVER stopped talking. He had to tell me his whole trip and how awesome everything is and was telling me all about parts of New Zealand I’ve already been to. I was trying my hardest to be nice and was just looking out the window trying to ignore him or just smile and nod but he WOULD NOT shut up!!! After a while he started bugging someone else who actually ended up moving seats just to get away from him. Not good.

We stopped next at the mirror lakes. They are just small small tiny lakes that the mountains reflect in. That was pretty cool. We had to go through the Homer tunnel through the mountains to get to Milford Sound. Once we got there we all hopped on a boat that took us through the sounds. It was beautiful! The sun was shining and we saw a ton of waterfalls. The boat put us right next to one of the waterfalls and we all got a bit wet.

After the boat ride we hopped back on the bus and went to Gunn’s camp. Basically it’s an old miners camp in the middle of no where. They are the original miner’s huts. We all pitched in $5 and our driver cooked us dinner. I helped her cut up all the vegetables. Had a good dinner. The generator at the camp shuts off at 10pm so it was lights out and in bed by 10. But we had to be up and on the bus by 6am the next morning.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.1591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb