Picton to Wellington


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Marlborough » Picton
February 25th 2006
Published: February 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ferry to WellingtonFerry to WellingtonFerry to Wellington

On the Sounds it was peaceful.

Picton



On our last evening we looked up two friends of Joanne's from Scoraigh(?) and had a good time. Lovely evening.

Next morning started brilliantly and we got off on the 10am ferry into the Tory Channel of the Sounds. Half way across the Cook Strait we hit a storm which made the ferry bend over and everyone scuttle inside. It went up and down a bit then.

What a change! I'm not sure about this North Island.

Wellington



Luckily when we prepared the bike and ourselves for the ride into Wellington centre the rain stopped. It was still cool though.

However, weather has now improved. We saw Les Arts Sauts on Friday night, The Producers on Saturday night. Visited Te Papa, their wonderful national museum opened fairly recently and right up to date with its displays. Computers everywhere with kids things all through as well. A great time.

We were taken out on Saturday morning by David and Susan Kincaid who live here. They met us in the foyer of our hotel in Porto in September and asked us to look them up when we got here. So we did and they provided us with a tour of the north of Wellington, their home and the Mr Mussel's restaurant. Great.

And tomorrow, Sunday, we are on the train for 12 hours up to Auckland. From there it is to Northland. We hope it is warmer there all the time.


Advertisement



28th February 2006

What a trip!
What a trip, Mike! The holiday of a lifetime! Best wishes from a blustery Barcelona!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb