Travelling to Kaikoura with flying kiwi


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Kaikoura
October 24th 2011
Published: November 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a short look around the pretty little village of Picton in the glorious sunshine I was greeted by Brett (Britt) and Holly. Brett - a friendly, laid back guy, mad on the outdoors has been guiding adventurers around his homeland by kayak, bus, bike and hike for years - keen to share his knowledge of New Zealand. Holly, the assistant guide is a super friendly, super enthusiastic, crazy kiwi who brings out the excitement and adventurer in everyone. Brett (Britt) and Holly are to be my Flying Kiwi guides for the next few weeks :-) We headed to the Sequoia lodge hostel to pick up more passengers - a varied bunch from 20 to 60 years including people from America, Germany, UK and Canada - they all seem up or a good time. We shared travel stories as we ventured along the dramatic pacific coast to Kaikoura and were full of stories from their north island tour. Holly talked us through the activities on offer for that afternoon and the following day. From a choice of whale watching, dolphin swimming, sea kayaking, seal swimming, biking or walking on the beach I opted for a sunset sea kayak followed by an early morning dolphin swim. As the passengers in cook group prepared a lovely fish green curry, others set up their tents to the sounds of the waves crashing and we paddled off on the glassy, clear water in our kayaks.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb