Low sperm count!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Kaikoura
August 22nd 2005
Published: August 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Firstly congratulations to Chee who won the Dunedin quiz- i dont know how , i think perhaps he has too much time on his hands but anyway - Edinburgh / yellow eyed and penguins was the right answer as seals and sealions have a better sense of smell -ahhhhhhhhh
(although sealions do honk the most!). Welldone to Andy for mentioning the penguin wrapper gagg which i never saw coming and for mum for becoming an interacive blogger! Unfortunately brother Ray is apparently still having problems working out how to make general comments although has mastered the private comments - maybe Ray you can get some tips off Mum?

(Gem)
Well after that lovely long long long long long long trip to kaikoura to see some Sperm whales we slept really well. Up early to get to the tourist information to find out about the trips we could go on, but only one company takes people out to whale spot, which means they can absolutely charge what ever they like as they have you over a barrel. But seen as though we were there and the whales were we thought we would go ahead and book a trip. 1245 we went
TB symptom  1TB symptom  1TB symptom 1

contemplating life
to the 'whale watch' office al prepared with our warm weather gear (yes this include sexy thermals), only to find that those @#$$^$%^ whales had decided to swim too far out for the boats to see them and all trips had been cancelled for the second day in a row. No guarantees they would be there the next day either, so we decided to give up and travel to Akaroa, where there can be spotted some hector dolphins (one of the rarest). So set off in our trusty camper on the road to Akaroa (please sing in road to amarillo voice).

Okay no where in the @##%#$ booklet about Akaroa does it say the road to this place is more twisty turny than the corkscrew at alton towers, or that because of this your max speed is 20kmh and you fear for your life. Dave lost the will to carry on and developed early symptoms of TB (explain later). Now at Akaroa, late on tourist info closed and so headed straight for the campsite.

(Dave) Yes the road to akaroa was long and winding, iwas developing typical TB (travellers boredom - please refer to pics), the campsite however
TB symptom  2TB symptom  2TB symptom 2

losing the will to live
was nearly worth the trip as we had a great view of the estuary and harbour below (although had to park on a slope). After an unusual nights sleep on the hill we attempted to book a dolphin tour which annoyingly had also been cancelled. So basically we'd driven approx 15 hours and had seen as much marine life as is on Blackpool beach.

To cut our losses we decided to head back to christchurch to the port Lyttelton where we stumbled upon a dolphin cruise site, and this time we managed to get out. Not only did we get out but in time we actually spotted a large pod of tiny hectors dolphins that surfed along with us by the side of the boat.

From know on were staying in Christchurch and seeing the sights


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

hilltop camperhilltop camper
hilltop camper

Overlooking Akoroa harbour
First sighting of HectorFirst sighting of Hector
First sighting of Hector

now you try catching them jumping out of the water!!
follow the boat!follow the boat!
follow the boat!

Hector junior and Heccy?
Getting the hec out of here?Getting the hec out of here?
Getting the hec out of here?

these puns are just getting worse


24th August 2005

Saga
Pension power has enabled this message. Dont look now bit you are about to be eaten.
25th August 2005

Visit to the Whaling Wall
Rusty camper sounds fun, but why not use it instead of sleeping on a hill. David with TB looks more alert than usual. You dont have to write about £$%^&* whales as mum and I are quite familiar with the word SPERM!. We hope Al had fun helping you with your thermals. Dangerous move as whales often rely on thermals. Glad you saw dolphins and impressed that you knew they were called Hector and Hector Junior. Are there only two, and how did you know it was Hector and not Mrs Hector. Did they swim upside down. A word of comfort....Your puns are not getting any worse....They couldnt. (Ha Ha, very punny).

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0626s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb