Update


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Invercargill
June 30th 2007
Published: June 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Down On Da Farm



Down On Da FarmI am in New Zealand - just 20k or so outside of Invercargill at my mate Jeff's. I arrived on Monday, June 25. He picked me up at the Dunedin airport and we had a snow-flurried ride home :P (Boo-hiss snow!) I got some cool pics from the plane. On Tuesday we went to town and sorted internet, but didn't receive the modem and router until Friday morning's mail. We were busy all day with work and the boss here inspecting the house for updates (new carpet, appliances, etc...) and the work begins next week. We installed and connected all the internet gear last night, but then had mates over for a visit and were busy til late.

Today we went for a long walk with one of his mates, Bryan, and his two dogs to the Ocean and took some great pics of the water, snowcapped mountains and the boys being boys..lol Bryan was a great tour guide and full of information about the area and cool things to go do for day trips and such while I am here.

Trish he reminded me of you - full of details on plants and animals and eager to point out the tourist, historic, interesting points of the area and really make it fun. Only thing missing was a video camera! ;-)

Out to the co-workers(Damon & Sheree) for Roast Lamb dinner tonight and games after. Should be fun. The guys have been working on refinishing a pool table and we picked up new cues and such and will give it all a go tonight.

More later!
Cheers!

Advertisement



30th June 2007

Map Correction
For some reason the map deleted the Dunedin stop on the route. I had made one to Kapuka, after Dunedin, and then decided to delete the Kapuka stop and go straight to Crook Road - closer to where I am, and for some reason it also deleted Dunedin (the stop previous) Just so ya know! :P

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb