Day 11


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
December 19th 2016
Published: December 19th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Friday we walked around Wellington until it was time to get on the ferry, we took the 5:00 pm sailing. BC Ferries could learn a thing or two from Interisland Ferries, nice lounges with comfy chairs. Spent the night in Picton and drove to Nelson Saturday. Beautiful beaches and perfect weather on Saturday. Sunday was partly cloudy and windy, so we drove to Richmond to grab some groceries, the car was hit in the car park while we were shopping, but thankfully a note was left. We continued along to the start of Abel Tasman National Park, you can only drive in a kilometre and the rest you see either on foot, or by water taxi. The fruit here is great, picked up some cherries from a stand that are so good. Got some golden kiwi, but haven't tried them yet. Today we got up and headed south to Hanmer Springs, we are booked in here for 3 nights, plan to do some walking tomorrow and hit the hot springs. According to the pamphlet the have real natural unfiltered sulphur pools. All of the building here have papers in the window stating they have been check for damage from the earthquake and are fit for use. Finally found the wine I was looking for, Clifford Bay sauvignon blanc, and it was on sale. Bought 2 bottles. Also was thrilled to find they still sell pork crackling!



We will head towards Christchuch later in the week and find a place to spend the Christmas weekend.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0925s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb