Day 15


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
December 23rd 2016
Published: December 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Ohoka yesterday, suburb of Christchurch. Spent 3 great days in Hanmer Springs, did some great walks. One we shouldn't have done, way too hard, very steep, rocky and long; and it was 29 degrees! The springs where great, went 2 evenings so not as busy as during the day. Had a little earthquake Wednesday morning, 4.1.



We are staying at a hobby farm (Airbnb) until Monday, they grow olives and press them for oil. Place is lovely, about 7 acres, the house is lovely too. Today we went to the Antarctic Centre, the weather was crappy and it is indoors. Was really interesting and educational. They have a penguin enclosure and we watched the feeding. All of the penguins are rescue, all with some disability. On the way home we were stopped in a check stop and they do a breathalyzer, luckily I hadn't had a drink. We are thinking of driving to Kaikoura tomorrow, one of the highways in now open, but will depend on the weather.



I'm getting on to driving on the left, only put the wipers on once today by mistake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb