train trip and Hanmer Springs


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
March 13th 2006
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello! We took the train from Christchurch to Greymouth today. It was a very pretty trip, I took lots of pictures. They even had an open air car that you could stand in- cool, but very windy! Then we drove to Hanmer Springs. We went to the hot springs, which was nice and relaxing after driving on the left side of the street for 3 hours! We just had dinner and are just going to relax for the rest of the night. Tomorrow, we're going to Blenheim in the Marlborough wine region. We're going to take a break in the drive at Kaikoura, where I hope to see some seals!
Speaking of wine, we went to a restaurant called Annie's Wine Bar last night. This restaurant is what all restaurants should aspire to be. We started off with some breads 'n' spreads as an appetizer. I have never in my life had such good bread! They bake it fresh there, and they bake it delicious! It must be illegal to make bread that good in the US, because I've never had it. The wine list was full of nice NZ wines, and I had a phenomenal "Study in Chocolate" for dessert. Katie had the cheese plate. Both were great! We rolled out of there, thus ending our time in Christchurch. Amen.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb