Heating up in Hanmer Springs


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hanmer Springs is most notable for its thermal spa pools and easing our aching limbs after all the hiking we'd done in the last couple weeks was the main thing on our minds.
We enjoyed a nice meal and a couple beers in the local the night before and then, donning bikinis and freezing our behinds off in what seemed like subzero temperatures, we skipped from one hot spa to the next, luxuriating in the 38 degree bath like pools. Ahh bliss. The only problem with a couple of the 9 pools at the spa was the smell of sulphur that was emitted, but other than that, we enjoyed a nice relaxing dip, before taking a stroll around the lovely town, perusing in the shops and indulging our sweet tooth once again by buying loads of nougat and chocolate.
Onwards then to Kaikora. I haven't written a separate blog entry for this because as we did not partake in any whale watching or anything of note really, other than to write this bloody blog and upload photos, there doesn't seem any point. Kaikora is quite a pretty little place, even if we didn't get to see much of it, but there are a few photos for you to cast your eye over.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb