Baz Vagas


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Greymouth
October 31st 2010
Published: October 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday we set off down the west coast for a tiny place called Barrytown (also known affectionately as Baz Vagas!) stopping a few times on route to enjoy some sights. The first such stop was at Cape Foulwind to see the New Zealand Fur Seal colony. Unfortunately they were too far way for my camera to capture but there were several Weka next to the path including one with a chick next to the seal viewing platform.

The other stop was at the Pancake Rocks - aptly named due to their odd layer formations. Here we admired the rocks & a blowhole which was just shooting spray as the tide was too low &/or the wind was the wind direction. Good views along the coast too.

We stayed at the pub in town which is run by a few ex-stray drivers & had burgers with loads of chips! I also made friends with the pub cat! We then all raided the costume room to find outfits for the halloween themed fancy dress party that evening. This was fun but I left after a couple of drinks, as did Debby, as we had to be creative the following morning....

I also popped out that night to use the loo & got my first clear look at the stars down here. I finally saw the Southern Cross & also Orion, although he was upside down!!!! I assume this is normal?!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



31st October 2010

Yum. Pancakes!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb