Never trust a D.O.C. Ranger and other things I learnt on the Milford Track


Advertisement
Published: January 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I apologise now for the gross overuse of superlatives and exclamation marks in this blog but there are a few places and activities in the world that mere adjectives alone cannot begin to accurately describe and trekking in the wilderness of Fiordland is one of them! I have just returned and recovered from walking the Milford Track, described back in the day as 'the finest walk in the world... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Long Smiles make Short Miles!Long Smiles make Short Miles!
Long Smiles make Short Miles!

One of our catch phrases to our walk!



29th January 2012

Congratulations on completing the Track! Sometimes we need to hear stories told through a fresh set of eyes to remind us how lucky we are to live in NZ - thank you. Lovely photos, I\'m glad you had a great time here :-)
29th January 2012

Hi Jo thanks for your nice comment! I'm going to have to read blogs about the UK now to mentally prepare myself to go back home in a couple of months i think!! That or they'll convince me NZ really is paradise - you are very lucky to live in such a beautiful country!
29th January 2012

And welcome back. We will be in New Zealand in October so your blogs are an inspiration and foretaste of things to come...although regretfully we will be driving rather than tramping to Milford Sound. We look forward to reading the rest of your blogs about your trip to New Zealand.
29th January 2012

Hi Bob glad you're getting excited about your trip to NZ through my blogs, I'm finishing work in 3 weeks so hopefully I can write a few more blogs for you then! The drive from Te Anau to Milford Sound is also spectacular - you will have an amazing time here!
30th January 2012

Just to add - 4a. Never trust a D.O.C. Campsite guide either!
Maybe it's a co-incidence, but we found the D.O.C. Campsite guides we had to be more than a little misleading on distances to said campsites! Quite a few times we found ourselves completely lost, in the middle of nowhere and driving a lot further than the guide said! Maybe all that time in the wilderness skews distance perception!? Great photos, glad you fixed your camera.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb