Mountains to the left, to the right--everywhere!!!


Advertisement
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After spending two days in Arrowtown Janet and I have moved on to Te Anau. When we left Wanaka there were clouds looming in the sky and sure enough by the time we arrived in Arrowtown it had started to rain. We went to lunch at a restaurant called Saffron, which we had heard was one of the best restaurants in the world. One of the best steaks I've ever had . . . We then wandered around town for a bit trying to find a Lord of the Rings filming location that was close to the city center. On our search it started raining, but we didn't let the weather get us down. We returned to our accommodation (where the lodge our room was in was called the Oregon lodge 😊 to pick up Bill and drive into Queenstown to pick up some groceries. On our way to Queenstown the weather cleared up and stayed nice for the rest of the evening. The next day we went looking for another LOTR filming location near Arrowtown and decided to nerd it up for the rest of the day and look at more LOTR filming locations. We went into Glenorchy, which was absolutely beautiful. I have to say that it is the most beautiful place I have been thus far in this country and that's saying a lot because everywhere is really beautiful. After Glenorchy we went for a two hour hike just outside Queenstown. Today we drove to Te Anau to prepare for our hike on Sunday. Tomorrow we head to the famous Milford Sound to see what all of the fuss is about. Janet and I are very excited for our hike and are hoping for decent weather although are expecting it to rain at least one day. All for now.

Advertisement



16th February 2006

Wow!!
Hey you!!! Stop making me jealous ;)!!!!! Glad to hear once again, that everything is fine! Have a good hike Love
16th February 2006

hey!! sounds like you're having a blast. i want to see some pictures, the places sound amazing! (: hope all is well. catherine
16th February 2006

Ready for the sun
Hey Lisa, I am glad that your vacation is going well with Janet, sounds like you guys are having a blast. Have a pint for me! Cheers - Sam
17th February 2006

Hi Lisa and Janet
Hi you guys. Sounds like you are having a blast. Wish I was there! All is fine here in Oregon--it's really cold out, but clear and sunny!!! Keep having great travels. Love, Ann

Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb