Christchurch


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
December 8th 2013
Published: December 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Christchurch pretty much hassle free apart from Den and I hadn't been checked onto the flight at Heathrow, so got stopped in Dubai as apparently we hadn't got on the flight (clearly we had as we were both stood there in the airport) the flights were fine and after a further 2 stop offs in Bangkok and Sydney, (my bags got searched and Den sent through the body scanner-seems it was just us getting singled out so far....) it was nice to finally get here. As we came into land, Daryl woke up to Den commenting 'It's just like Brecon.....'



We got to the airport motel and had a quick shower and change and headed out into town for a look around and something to eat. It was raining quite a bit, but we managed to take a few pictures and have a look at the parts that are still getting rebuilt after the earthquake. I think the woman driving the minibus thought she was running her own tour company as we were still driving around half an hour later with the meter running, stomach rumbles getting louder, and Gareth's frown getting more furrowed. Lau and Jan had even dozed off in the back, but she still kept driving round pointing places out.



Eventually and $$$ later we got dropped off and ordered food and had a few beers and glasses of wine. By now we were all pretty much wiped out and were just looking forward to getting back and into bed.



The rooms were lovely and comfy, by the time Michelle had got Caleb changed she came out of the bathroom to find Gareth and Reuben fast asleep. I made Daryl and I a brew, but he fell asleep without even drinking it. Jan informs me Den did the same, the only thing being he was in bed with the tea when he dozed off, thus spilled it and burned himself in the process. The rain continued outside-Den was right-it was indeed just like being in Brecon after all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb