Beaches and goodbyes


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 10th 2010
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had a really nice day out here so Michelle, Joe, Clare, Nozomi and I headed out to the beach again. We went back to Taylor's Mistake beach and it was really busy. Nozomi liked to play around in the sand and she let me and Michelle bury her in the sand. I decided to make her into a mermaid. She did very well for being buried in sand for the first time.


Pictures

Nozomi's last day was a few days later (she was one of our cleaners) so we made another big dinner together for her. Joe decided that today would be a good day for the "Table Challenge". Basically you have to go around the whole bench without touching the ground. He fell the first time but did it the second time and then a couple of the Japanese girls had to do it too.

Nozomi showed us her handstand skills after that. She is one of my favorite people here and I'm going to miss her a lot. She's still in Christchurch so we will still get to see her but she's taking an english course and can't work here anymore because of the time.

She's definitely got me thinking about adding Japan onto this trip. We'll see if I can afford it!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.1187s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb