Happy New Year!!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
January 9th 2010
Published: January 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! It was sure weird ringing in the new year in the heat and almost a full day ahead of everyone back home. Well it's been a long time since I've been able to actually put up a blog. I've been so busy and rarely have the time to update you all so i'm sorry about that but i'm having FUN!!!!

After Christmas the next big event was New Year's of course. It was my shift to work over New Year's which wasn't too bad, we were fully booked so that was good. I managed to get everyone checked in by 6pm on NYE. After cashing up and everything I went upstairs to join everyone in dinner and having a few drinks before we headed out to town.

Pictures

In Cathedral Square in Christchurch they had big thing set up with bands playing and a big countdown. We got there before midnight and did the countdown and then watched the fireworks go off. We headed over to a bar here called Mickey Finn's afterwards and watched some more live music.

Maybe i'm getting old OR I had just finished working a 13 hour day but I was tired and had to be up early the next day so we all headed back to the hostel around 1:30am. All in all it was a good NYE but it was weird for it to be really warm out as well and to be ringing in 2010 a whole day before anybody at home!

I wasn't too badly hungover to work on New Year's day and it was really quiet that day at work. Not too many people going anywhere or asking any questions so that was good.

So Happy New Year to you all. I hope 2010 will be a great year for all of us!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb