Don't Pay The Ferryman!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 16th 2009
Published: November 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The time has come, and it is indeed a rare occasion, for me to write a blog. I think the last time was in our fair city back in 2005. I remember hogging the one computer at a busy backpackers called Vagabonds.....

Today, I sit contented in our home office looking out of the window at the blue skies of Canterbury, watching baby Monarch butterflies bouncing off one of our sunkissed swan plants beside the house.....bliss! We are now well and truly moved into our first NZ property and we love it here :-) The whirlwind couple of weeks of moving, cleaning, mowing and buying things (for the house and baby!) has been exhausting but great and it's definitely worth the effort.

We are just north of Christchurch in a fabulous semi-rural (more rural really) setting surrounded by Bottle Lake Forest, Brooklands Lagoon, the Styx River and the Pacific Ocean - Within a 15 minute walk we can be at any of these wonderful kiwi environments - in short, it's a wonderful location to bring a baby home to and hopefully we will be doing just that in just over 4 weeks time!

Love to all,
Emma xx

P.S. We're also celebrating FIVE YEARS on Travelblog!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Styx RiverThe Styx River
The Styx River

Our 20 minutes river walk from the house is gorgeous.....
StyxStyx
Styx

The Southern Alps are just over there....


20th November 2009

well done!
Tim and Emma (and bump) Congratulations, we all couldn't be happier for you - looks like you've made it to one of the best places on Earth. Look forward to communicating with you during the daytime when your baby is born!
20th November 2009

Jealous doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now!!

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb