The Arrival (following the journey)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
October 31st 2008
Published: October 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

After much anticipation (and really annoying Alan's work mates) ... Alan, Mel & Dave have finally arrived in the land of the long white cloud!

The flight over was pretty smooth, about 3 and a half hours of sitting on our bums followed by the usual lines - entry, baggage, customs. We'd like to say that Auckland airport is exciting and interesting but it's an airport. Not a bad airport but nothing exciting or interesting.

We did find this fantastic new drink though - is anyone really surprised - called Ti-Toki. We had no idea what it tasted like but had to buy it because of the bottle - a ceramic green tiki/ totem thing. When opened it smells a lot like paint stripper but man does it taste good.

Apparently Mel looks like a local - we were told to enjoy our flight home when when checked into the domestic transfer from Auckland to Christchurch. Go figure. The flight to Christchurch was packed but at least it was short. Flying into Christchurch at night is almost as nice as flying into Adelaide. Warlock was there to meet us while Shelle waited with the car. It was really great to see them again and made us realise how much we have missed them. Hugs all round. And then some more hugs.

You will all be pleased to know we have managed to maintain our Friday night tradition as we are currently sitting around drinking duty free Baileys and feeling pretty mellow. Tomorrow the holiday really begins with a trip out to Hanmer Springs for Warlock's birthday.

Hugs to all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb