It's oh so quiet!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
December 4th 2005
Published: December 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We have made it to NZ and it is so quiet. There is hardly any traffic and I don't think I have seen a single motorbike!

We got here on Friday lunchtime. Vicki and Jo were waiting to pick us up at the airport which was great. It took us ages to get through customs as we seemed to have most of the items that were on the 'must be declared' list. I had to take my shoes off so they could be cleaned as they were too muddy!

Vicki and Jo have a unit (bungalow to us) so we stayed there. It was so nice not to be in a hotel. They cooked us a very nice dinner of roast chicken and veggies which made a very pleasant change from noodles!

We spent the time in Christchurch relaxing and seeing the local sites. The weather is a bit of a shock as it is quite cold at times although it is VERY changeable. They describe it as "4 seasons in one day" which is so true.

We ate the worlds largest ice cream on Saturday when we were in Sumner. We went for a double scoop as we were pretty hungry but that was a mistake! It was huge - practically a whole tub! We should have realised it was a bad idea when Vicki and Jo both ordered Kiddie cones.

We get the hire car tomorrow then we head off to Lake Tekapo.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 19; qc: 82; dbt: 0.1374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb