Lake Tekapo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Tekapo
December 5th 2005
Published: December 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We have got the hire car and we are now zooming around New Zealand. We have got a white Nissan Pulsar (which Tim says is the same as an Almera). It seems quite nice to drive although it is an automatic and does not seem to like going up hills that much! As they drive on the left here driving is not too taxing although they have this strange rule that you have to give way to traffic turning right when you are turning left. This has not really been an issue as there seems to be hardly any cars on the road. We hardly passed any on the 2.5 hour drive here.

Lake Tekapo is lovely. It is a lake (surprise, surprise) with mountains in the background and lots of lupins of varying colours in the foreground. There really are loads of lupins here, more than I have ever seen. They make for some very nice pictures.

We went for a walk this afternoon up Mount John. It was not too hard a hike and the views were lovely. We saw loads of sheep on the way down. There really are millions of them. They were very cute though.


Advertisement



16th December 2005

Nearly Christmas!
Can we have some more photos please?!?

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb