Christchurch update


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
May 31st 2008
Published: May 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hagley Park 2Hagley Park 2Hagley Park 2

Christchurch
This is just a quick update to let you know we haven't disappeared off the face of the planet! We're now living in Christchurch, in an apartment just north of the city centre, near Hagley Park. Tim's working in IT and Emma's doing some temp work whilst waiting for one of several job applications to pay off (fingers crossed).

We're off to see the Canterbury Crusaders v the Warratahs (from New South Wales) in the final of the Rugby Super 14's tonight at the AMI stadium, having become new fans at the semi-final last week at the same venue. It's really something to see some of the All Blacks in action (Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Ali Williams etc.). Cruuuu-sayyyd-dders!!!

Apart from that we're generally enjoying life. Just got broadband sorted today (hence the update) so keep your emails and comments coming!

(Apologies for the 'camera phone' photos again - we've been so busy we haven't got round to taking the proper camera out in the city yet...)




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Hagley ParkHagley Park
Hagley Park

Christchurch
Ami StadiumAmi Stadium
Ami Stadium

Crusaders v Hurricanes semi-final If you noticed that half the stadium is missing - it's because it's being completely rebuilt for the Rugby World Cup in 2011!
Cathedral SquareCathedral Square
Cathedral Square

Christchurch


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb