Day 6 & 7


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 16th 2008
Published: February 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 6 -
Today we slept in a little bit as the weather was cool, and the room we had did not have AC. Once we got our butts out of bed and made our way to b-fast at Poppies, once again, Alex noticed the snow capped Mtn.s. We had spent the day before in the pouring rain in those mtns.

Once on the road we headed to Christchurch, the first named city in New Zealand. It reminded us of Montreal a little bit, but much calmer. There was a big rugby game being played last night and the visiting team was staying on the same floor as us in the hotel. They are huge!! Anyway, after showering and relaxing for a bit we headed out to grab some dinner, which was harder than it should have been. For a city it lacks places to eat, but we dinned at Fat Eddies and had a very interesting meal. We did, however, run into to servers there from Georgia who found bartending in NZ more profitable than using their American degrees from Ga. Southern. After watching the rugby game on TV, and listening to some locals and their views on Barack v. Hillary we headed home. (Alex did find some intersting urinals in the Christchurch, see the pictures!!!)

Day 7
This morning we woke up, hit b-fast at the hotel, did some laundry and headed to Kairkora, after some rainy weather shopping. Eric, I have 4 words for you Cadbury Mini Cream Eggs, you have 2 bags coming home to you, barring any problems at customs. The drive to Kaikora was boring at first and then beautiful and Alex is much more comfortable driving now as he was enjoying the twisting curves as we hit the coast. Here we are staying in a really pretty B&B and just a a great conversation with a couple who is travelling for a few months before returning to the states after living in France for a few years. PS, she is from Stowe, VT...wicked small world again. Jacki she thinks she knows your name as she used to skate too and coached in stowe a little.

We will fill you all in on the rest of Kairkora later, but it is great so far. Plus I want you all to know that I have made it almost a week without any ketchup, as real Heinz does not exist here....tomato sauce is a sad excuse and makes Hunts tastey!!!

Ps. We also attached some pictures from the earlier parts of the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Moe on descent from Sealy Tarns hike (Mt. Cook NP)Moe on descent from Sealy Tarns hike (Mt. Cook NP)
Moe on descent from Sealy Tarns hike (Mt. Cook NP)

Notice that she is soaked from 2 hours of rain
Moe on swinging bridge #2Moe on swinging bridge #2
Moe on swinging bridge #2

She hates swinging bridges by the way, what a trouper!!!


17th February 2008

Looks like fun!
You guys look like you are having a wonderful time...we love the updates-thanks. Eric heard that it was rainy there because there was a golf event that was cancelled. We cannot wait to see all the pictures. Take care-miss you guys lots:)

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb