Day 8 & 9 - Kaikora to Picton


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Picton
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 8 -
Last night we spent our first tonight together at a B&B and I (Alex)spent my first night at a B&B. It was interesting to say the least. This morning we got up and had breakfast with a nice couple from England then started on the first hike of the day. We spent the first part walking along the ocean looking at a seal colony. We then headed up hill and did the cliff top walk. We left Kaikora around 1:00 PM after having lunch at Subway (tried to save a little money, Subway here is similar but not the same as in the States). We drove North to Picton and drove through more wine country. It was very pretty! We arrived in Picton and checked into the next B&B which is absolutely amazing!!!

Day 9 -
Today, we awoke early and had farm fresh eggs and toast for breakfast. We headed out sea kayaking in Marlborough Sound for the day. While in the boats we saw sting rays, billions of jelly fish (not an exaggeration), wild goats and other sea life. Moe picked up many of the jelly fish but I was not so willing. The paddling was awesome and we had a great time with our guide. The B&B has two goats on the property that Moe just fed.

Sorry, for some reason I can not see the camera on the hard drive I will try to attach pictures later tonight or tomorrow.


Advertisement



20th February 2008

Notes
Alex: 1. Cannot is one word -- not two. 2. Were the goats in the water or on land? Sounds like they were in the water, but I'm not sure that goats go in water. Please clarify. BFF (that comment goes to Moe)
20th February 2008

BFF
BTW, the goats were on land, but we were in the water. Glad you are reading this though!!! See you soon. moe and alex

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb