Almost In Australia


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
February 10th 2008
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, Havent been on here for a while, whats new? Well met up with 3 friends from home, rented a car, named her Thumper which ironically would later go on to hit a rabbit on the highway... Driving on the left wasnt as bad as thought it was going to be, only turned into the wrong lane twice, got a really dirty look from some guy, but whatever, im a tourist come on. The wipers have also came on several times when we go to use the turn signal which is always funny, and people always laugh at you. Brennen has also one speeding ticket and has ran a red light. The roads here are crazy and windy and people drive so fast still, I never thought I would miss the boring straight Sask. highways but I do sometimes...

We went to alot of the places I had been in the north island already but this time did all the fun activities, In woitomo we did a 5 hour caving adventure where you rapel into the cave and tube and crawl your way through it. In Taupo we stayed at a trailer park hostel which we all hated but on the last day we all did a 15,000 foot skydive which was freaking fantastic, backflipping out of an airplane is such an amazing feeling, so much better than the ones I did in Moose Jaw.

After Taupo we went to Napier where we did a afternoon wine tasting tour, we even started drinking at 1130 am before they picked us up, thats how classy us Canucks are. We hit 4 wineries, had some awesome wine, red wine is gross. After that we were feeling good so we went to the ocean for a swim. The massive waves were not our friend, Renee lost her dignity, 2 rings and a bracelet? And I lost a cheap necklace. We are really bright. Dont worry mom and dad We're not that slow every day.

In the South Island we did a 15 km glacier hike which was really good until the stupid guides got us lost for about an hour and we were all wet and cold and wanting to go home, some girl even starting crying, which was dumb cuz she signed up for the full day adventure hike and decided to go with the group that was going to be the fastest and do the most. It was really beautiful and it was good to somewhat get a taste of winter, although im now good for several months. Bre and Renee both forgot how to walk and skinned up their knees and needed some attention.

Got to Queenstown which was one of the most amazing places I have ever been, amazing setting in the mountains and in front of a lake, had a sexy view from my bed that only cost 24$ a night. Brennen and I did 3 bungy jumps in one day which was kina hard on the wallet but so amazing. One was 134 M high with a 8 second freefall. Skyidiving is still better though.

After that we got back to the hostel and proceeded to play beer darts on the front lawn of the hostel, a canadian and an american stopped by to play, they were amazed that we were playing this fantastic game on the front lawn. We then proceeded to go through about 50 cans of beer and had a blast, got alot of strange looks from people wondering why we were throwing darts at beer cans, it was pretty funny. That evening went out and had some drinks at a few bars, had the best burgers in the entire world, went to the casino at 3 am, took pictures on some statues. Then walking home Brennen decided he wanted apicture on this crane so he climbs a fence, takes the picture and then jumps down from the fence, dislocates his shoulder, cant get it back in, so we had to drive him to the hospital, I thought it was funny just cuz I've been through it so many times but Brennen thought otherwise. So I watched the Doc put his shoulder back in then we left him there, went to bed, and went back for him the next day. Good times.

Me and the girls did rafting the next day minus the kid with the bad shoulder and it was decent, not as good as Canada.

We then left for a hostel on the coast called the Asylum which was part of a insane asylum complex that was built sometime in the 1890s. It used to house 2000 patients but was torn down in the 1950s. Really cool place with lots of old buildings and cool pictures. Tried surfing again but the waves were garbage.Met up with a guy my cousin met when she was travelling and he took us into Dunedin to look around and then we went on a brewery tour.

Now we are in Christchurch making our way back up to Auckland to fly to Australia on singles awareness day AKA valentines day. My favourite holiday of the year, Josh I wish I was home so we could bash on people in love and ruin all their dates.

All in all we are having lots of fun, not really drinking too much which is surprising, but all really excited for Australia, back to warmer weather,beaches,surfing,Cute aussie girls with even cuter aussie accents, and partying. And I really want to see whats inside of a kangaroos pouch, I'll let you know when I find out.

We are all loving the messages from home about -40 and -50 and cars not starting, It pretty much makes my day.

Wow that was a long message, this internet session is going to cost me a fortune. Oh well, at least I know my car is going to start....

take care!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb