Christchurch today, back to auckland tomorrow, fiji on monday!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
July 14th 2007
Published: July 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey all, well since we last blogged, we stayed in franz joseph which was nice, we drove to hammer springs and went to the spa there which had alpine views which was relaxing but very busy cos its school holidays here and freezing when you weren't in the really hot pools! i went to a nature park where u could feed animals, mainly llamas, goats, pigs, sheep, rabbits, horses, that kind of thing! james is a bit sick of all the animals i keep wanting to go and see so he stayed in the car!
we drove to christchurch yesterday (friday) where we spent most of the day cleaning dora as our time with her has come to an end, sob sob! we went out to the local mall in the evening and looked round the shops and went to see the new harry potter film which was really good. i didn't think i'd really liked it and haven't seen them all, but it was SO good! James says its the best.
James then let me drive dora round the empty car park but as i was so excited i forgot to check the gears and she was in 1st not neutral! we hurtled into the main road, thank the lord it was a red light, james had to quickly jump out and reverse her! I'm not gonna try and drive until i've passed my test now!!!!
Last night was our last night in dora and at a campsite, it was a sad event! We dropped her off this morning and got a shuttle into town. we didn't realise that one of the biggest rugby matches is in christchurch this evening - NZ vs SA - so there was no accommodation avaliable at the backpacker hostels! We had to go to the visitors centre and the lady rang round some hotels looking for a room for us! We managed to get a good room at a good rate in a hotel just outside of the main central square with the catherdal. We've been doing a bit of sightseeing today, the catherdal, the river, the markets. We have a TV in our room so we're just gonna stay in tonight.
Tomorrow we fly back to auckland, arriving around 12.30, we're hoping to meet up with aaron and larrisa (friends of my sister), then on monday we fly to Fiji! Really looking forward to that. Wish we'd just picked one place and stayed there for a week to really relax, but i'm sure the tour of the island will be fun, and hopefully worth it.
Not sure how much internet we'll get in Fiji, but hopefully some to let you know how we're getting on!
Not long till we're back in the UK now! Looking forward to seeing you all, desperate for a night out in a wetherspoons!!!!!
love h&j xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1005.5kb