sorry for lack of blogs... we did survive fiji!


Advertisement
Published: July 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

bula (fijian for hello!)
hope everyone is cool. sorry for lack of contact over the last week. internet is scarce and very expensive in fiji so we spent the week pretty detached from the outside world!
We spent the time in fiji travelling around with the feejee experience which was really cool. We spent 5 days on the main island and 2 days on beachcomber island.
The first day we travelling from nadi to coral coast and stopped off at a lovely beach where we had a BBQ on the beach. James went sandboarding, i opted out!
Day two we went from coral coast to suva, most of the group did a 3 hour trek but a few of us opted out (including me!) and took the boat rather than going through the jungle and creeks! We then went down the river on a rubber ring and then swimming in the waterfalls. We had a cool night out in suva, no trouble at all considering their political issues.
Day three we went from suva to rakiraki, stopping off to get a cultural insight into fiji and visiting two villages, and a school. then we went bamboo rafting (again!), but this was more leisurely! We spend the night at volivoli beach, where on the morning of day four james did an introduction to scuba diving and went in the ocean for about half an hour, and i went snorkelling. In the afternoon we travelled down from rakiraki back to nadi, stopping off in the indian part of the island, and going for a curry and then sampling the natural mud pools, which were pretty mank!
Then we went to Beachcomber island for a night, staying in an 80 bed dorm, which was actually alright, we got sleep!
And that is a very brisk description of our time in fiji!!!
We've been travelling for hours and hours and hours and HOURS today to get to san francisco. We are staying in this awesome place called Red Victoria, which is like a peace/hippy bed and breakfast, its amazing. Hard to describe, but its all free love and meditation and world discussions! Trisha and francesca should be arriving in an hour or so. James has gone for a run to see the golden gate bridge, we're really close to the golden gate bridge park, its at the end of our road! Really looking forward to exploring this new place and coming back to home in a week!
Hope everyone is cool, thanks for the texts checking we were ok!
Love h&j xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb