Lisa's 30th Birthday


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Christchurch
November 19th 2006
Published: February 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Christchurch to Maruia Springs


Monday 13th November 2006 to Sunday 19th November 2006
This week was pretty huge as it was Lisa’s 30th birthday on the 16th. We went out to the Honey Pot Café (another place on our Christchurch eatery ‘to do’ list) and stayed up on the 15th until midnight, to crack open some fizzy and celebrate the start of her birthday.

In the morning of her birthday we were woken at 6am by her Granny calling from the States. I made Lisa breakfast in bed - cake (my first!). She is a big chocolate fan, so it was a chocolate cake with malteezers, choc chips, nuts and topped with strawberries and strawberry chocolate sauce. She opened all her presents in bed (she had parcels arrive from her family)
For a birthday treat I took Lisa to Maruia Springs natural spa. We had Japanese style massage, access to the natural outdoor spa pools (and our own private spa), naked (men and women separate) indoor spa pool, a nice on-suite room for the night and a Japanese meal. The meal was the only let down… I took Lisa out for a special 30th birthday Japanese meal. We got all dressed up, nicely relaxed from the massage and spa pools. The starter was really nice and as the main is served we find out there has been some miscommunication… Lisa is a vegetarian and the meal that was supposed to be OK for vegetarians actually involves the vegetarian part of the meal being cooked at your table… in the same chicken based ‘broth’ as the meat and fish. They literally chuck the whole lot in to one pot and let it cook while you try and fish out bits that you want… I felt so bad! She obviously didn't eat too well that night - still a very memorable 30th birthday meal ;-)

The following night Lisa’s birthday celebrations continued and we went out drinking and dancing with six of our housemates (the others were away). We played pool, drank and danced until 3am when we went to the 24 hour diner - Denny’s. The Dutchies were proper pissed - singing Dutch drinking songs or something - we got asked to quiet down a few times. I can’t imagine how bad it would be to work at such a place at 3am on Saturday morning! We got to bed about 5am.

The
Breakfast cakeBreakfast cakeBreakfast cake

Not too bad for my first!
following day was a late start and we wondered around the weekend market and got some nice food form the international food stalls there.

On the Sunday I went climbing at Roxx and got some more flights in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Not so nice food...Not so nice food...
Not so nice food...

Lisa is a veggie and as you can see, there are bits of 'flesh' floating around in there... Whoops!


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb