Journey south - The Banks Peninsula


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Banks Peninsula
September 2nd 2008
Published: September 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We actually managed to get ourselves out of bed this morning and were checked out of the hostel by 10am. First stop was Burger King for a massive breakfast and then we headed for the SpaceStation to pick up our wheels for the next three weeks. Our "Spaceship", actually a kitted out Toyota Previa, was waiting for us and after signing away our lives and handing over credit cards we were away to the supermarket to pick up some food.

From Christchurch we headed east towards the Banks Peninsula. The scenery of the area wass astounding; stunning landscapes passed by our windows on our scenic drive through Lyttleton, Pigeon Bay and Port Levy towards Okains Bay. We found the drive amazing but a little scary with the car being only inches from huge cliffs. Definitely a change from the outback of Australia!

We paid for an amazing campsite in Okains bay which was almost empty and parked up the Spaceship before playing some Football in the sand whilst the tide was out. We had planned to spend the evening planning our route through NZ but in the Camp Kitchen we met an aussie couple who turned out to be the nicest Australians so far. In the end, we spent the whole night chatting to them and didn't plan anything!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb