happy new year(YAY 2006)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Akaroa
January 1st 2006
Published: January 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

on our wayon our wayon our way

we're heading out to sea to look for the cuties....
today was the best day ever (UNTIL TOMORROW!!)....

last night we welcomed the new year in christchurch AND WITH MUCH STYLE!! we met up with michelle and ate dinner in an irish bar. then we were off to booze it up. THEY ALMOST WOULDN'T LET ME BUY THE ALCHY BECUASE APPARENTLY I DON'T LOOK LIKE I'M 18. PSHAW!! we succeeded, however, and obtained some burgerking cups in which to pour our wine so that we could walk around and still get sufficiently buzzed. we had big plans BUT I WAS KINDA LAME, SO AFTER MIDNIGHT I DRAGGED THEM BACK TO THE HOSTEL AND TO BED. no!! we were all tired.

then today was the best day ever (UNTIL TOMORROW!!) because we swam with the dolphins. they were cute little guys called hector's dolphins, native to new zealand and totally endangered. we drove 2 hours to akaroa (south of christchurch) at 6am....got outfitted with wetsuits and flippers and snorkels....blah blah. we looked like fools. then our hunt for the dolphins began!! we found a pod that liked us and jumped in the water. melissa literally jumped....the rest of us did as we were told and slid off the back of the boat so we wouldn't scare the dolphins away. WE WERE THE COOLEST SWIMMERS AND I'M ALMOST TOTALLY POSITVE THE DOLPHINS LIKE US THE BEST. ESPECIALLY WHEN I MADE MY DOLPHIN NOISE INTO THE WATER. OR MAYBE IT WAS CAITIE'S BEAUTIFUL SINGING..... it was WICKED fun and we had a blast. pictures to come, but we can't upload them yet.

that's all for now!! SEE YA!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb