Day 167 New Zealand, Abel Tasman National Park.


Advertisement
Published: May 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,



We woke early to head up to Abel Tasman national park, it was a long drive as you had to drive around the whole park to access the north point.



First we drove to Coquille bay on the south of the national park; it looked over Adele Island and fisherman’s island. Pictures were good.



Then we drove the winding up and down mountainous roads of the west of the national park to Totaranui, then along the North edge of the national park. We could not find the start of the walking trails however but enjoyed the views, the hole in the wall you drive through and kept looking for Penguins. (The signs around said they were here!!)



We stopped at Hawkes lookout which gave us amazing views over the land and sea.



We wanted to make head way to the west coast so we drove down to Richmond stopping at the HOP craft brewery for a beer tasting, it was so good I brought a bottle of the red IPA 6.4%. (Good stuff!! These craft beers are something else!!)



After a 4 hour long drive we stopped at Westport for the night on the west coast of the south island for the night. There was not much open in town so we drove out about 10 min’s and found a nice lay-by off the main road to park up.



We had a nice dinner and watched an episode of spooks on the computer before falling asleep!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 81, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb