Some more sunshine and a stroll!


Advertisement
Published: April 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had an early start this morning to drive to Westport but we first headed to Kaiteriteri and the Abel Tasman National Park. We had a few hours in the park and it was such a stunning day that a few of us chose to get the water taxi round the coast to Anchorage Bay. From there the stroll back to Apple Tree Bay was around 10km, to be picked up by the taxi again and returned to Kaiteriteri to meet the bus.
It really was a gloriou day and the scenery is spectacular. The walk was great as it was very easy and relaxing but the views were breath taking. Having so much time allowed for several photo stops and plenty of pondering of life. Great to get out in the fresh air...

The walk only took us till lunchtime and the Aqua taxi driver decided to have a really hilarious time pulling donuts! him and another of the drivers seemed to be competing! was so funny tho we ended up very close to the water when the boat tipped!!!

We continued our journey back on dry land to Westport. Its a dump. really isnt much there. On the way in we travelled through the Buller gorge which carries the Buller River and is such a nice drive. Very stunning scenery. We stopped of at the Buller Adventure Centre to sort out any activities for the morning so I booked a horse ride.

It was Alun's birthday so we all got a few drinks in and sat at the hostel. I got a bit bored, havin finished my wine and headed off for a chat with a scottish couple Id met earlier. I sat and chatted away for a while then returned to the revelries in time to join them when they decided finally to try and find somewhere in Westport. There was only one, singular, bar open.

Not a thrilling night but a good few chats with the guys and girls.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb