Shark Diving?!?!


Advertisement
Published: March 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After catching the ferry at Wellington we went back to the South Island and moved onto the Abel Tasman national park. This is a lovely area with forests and some of the best beaches in New Zealand and a lot of it is still untouched. This is where we did some more Kayaking, but this with a guide and proper equipment. Our guide was a Maori who educated us all on a few Maori customs (nose touch greetings) and philosophies. Jason loved his views on the fact that London is so over populated but there are still so many lonely people. The Maori way is to speak to everyone, just like J's. We had an excellent time kayaking. We paddled up to a point called split apple rock (see photo). We got to swim a an excellent secluded beach and the weather could not have been any better. However this did knacker me out but Jason still had enough energy to do a Skydive in the afternoon.

We got to the Skydive place early and Jason kept wandering around, asking people questions. We decided to pay a bit more and have a photographer jump with him whilst videoing and taking pictures. The funniest bit of the DVD is Jason not knowing what to say to the camera (pre jump nerves, I think). Jason decided to jump from 13000 feet to give a longer free fall, which he loved. The only bit he didn't like was just before he landed as the parachute started to spiral due to high winds. He somehow managed to stop himself from being sick. Jason and Adele then didn't stop talking about their jumps for ages.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb