Abel Tasman National Park


Advertisement
Published: February 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dragon-Wagon!Dragon-Wagon!Dragon-Wagon!

Soph & Sean, more ideas for your camper-conversion!
We've been staying at the Top 10 campsite in Motueka, a small town not far from the southern section of the Abel Tasman National Park. It's a good base from which to venture into the park and the main high street has the necessary shops, including the lovely Patisserie Royale selling home-made lush cakes, pies and bread - beats Brumby's (the Antipodean Greggs) hands down.

We decided to book one of the boat trips suggested by the staff at the campsite reception, but didn't bother to check the weather forecast! We woke up to pouring rain, but caught the mini-bus, nonetheless, from the campsite to Kaiteriteri and boarded the Abel Tasman Sea Shuttle for the 'Discovery Day' trip.

The trip comprised a cruise to Totaranui, viewing seals and 'Split-Apple Rock' along the way, with a drop-off at Bark Bay and pick up at Torrent Bay. The walk from Bark Bay to Torrent Bay was reasonably easy, through native bush land. Sod's law, the rain stopped when we boarded the boat at Torrent.

We're possibly heading further up the coast to Golden Bay tomorrow, although we ought to be making tracks down the West Coast pretty soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Split-Apple RockSplit-Apple Rock
Split-Apple Rock

... how did that happen then?
Split-Apple RockSplit-Apple Rock
Split-Apple Rock

...close-up.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb