North Island Adventures


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
February 6th 2011
Published: February 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Journey from Auckland to Wellington!
Found ourselves on the streets of auckland early Friday am in a beautiful compact Yaris, me at the wheel. Heading out on the opposite side of the road lead to many hilarious car adventures. We headed toward the Hot Water Beach. Roads here are really windy and the kiwis are taking them at 100 kph..... I was averaging about 50 kph and was confused about my blinkers.... but we made it in one piece. It was unreal how hot the water was! The beach was beautiful and we stayed just outside of town. Next day we were off to lake Taupo which was my favourite place so far. Went on a great hike with a cool waterfall at the end and went in for a quick dip there just to try out the underwater camera. Met two fellas at our hostel that night to go downtown Taupo with - one kiwi one brit (super cool guys) and had a great night out.
turns out the ratio of boys to girls here is about 11-1 in my favour. Every night has been "Colleen and the boys!"
Drove to Wellington yesterday and will be here for a few days - hopefully find some superbowl action today.

Enjoy the pictures!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



6th February 2011

Amazzzzing
Schnookie! The pics are amazing from Wellington. I laughed a lot picturing you driving the yaris on the wrong side of the road. That is one sick ride. Good to hear about the girl to guy ratio. Glad it's in your favour. Work it!
6th February 2011
046

just livin the dream eh

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb