Flying to New Zealand Today!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
March 4th 2010
Published: March 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we fly to New Zealand!

We are up at 5am to be ready for the shuttle to the airport at 6am! We are so excited - its like our adventure is starting all over again!

We arrive at the airport and check in our bags - shocked by how light they are!!!

Next stop was for something to eat - today is going to be a busy one! We got to the gate ready to board at 9.15am, departing on time at 9.45am. It was quite a pleasant journey until we were told to alter our watch by yet another 2 hours (meaning we were now 13 hours ahead of the UK).

We got through security and customs quite quickly and made our way to the domestic departure lounge!

We were brave here and used the self service check in and just as we were about to place our bags on the conveyor belt came the announcement - THE 5.15PM FLIGHT TO TAUPO HAS BEEN CANCELED! we wanted to scream.

We were sent to the help desk and were dealt another devastating blow - there were no other flights available (we knew as much as it is the Ironman this weekend).

We were given 2 options take up the airlines offer of a shuttle bus which would take 5 hours instead of our initial 45 minute flight or have a refund and make our own arrangements! Needless to say we took the shuttle.

We eventually arrived at the hostel at 9pm gutted to find it sandwiched between the only 2 nightclubs in Taupo!

We dropped our bags and went for a walk to clear our heads, eventually giving up and returning to the hostel.

The first night was a nightmare - difficult to block out the noise but also due to our yobbish room mates who literally shook Rob awake when they returned from a night on the town!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb