Cheer Bro, Sweet As!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island
January 1st 2009
Published: January 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Amazing BeachesAmazing BeachesAmazing Beaches

The North Island has some amazing beaches and with only about 4 people (each of them very nice people)living in the whole of NZ you have the beaches virtually all to yourself!
It was great to have a little stop over between Chile and Australia, even if it was a bit of a jet lagged haze.

We landed in Auckland and stayed with Jack and Jana for a few nights (they treated us so well...thanks guys), and also got to catch up with Sukhpreet And Evelyn on one day.

We decide that with only 4 days in NZ we could only spare a few days out of Auckland and hence rented a car to drive up to the Bay of Islands to visit some amazing beaches and see some big old trees in the forests there. We were blown away by the beautiful scenery, friendly people and amazing food. I particularly liked the lady in the supermarket asking me for ID to prove the I was older the 18 years of age and hence allowed to buy a bottle of red wine..... lovely lady, not sure about her eyesight though.

But again we had too little time (catch cry of our whole trip!) in NZ and before you could say 'Cheer Bro' it was time to head over to Australia.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Big WoodsBig Woods
Big Woods

Loving the very old, very big, very impressive trees in NZ. A bit disappointed that they hadn't taken the American approach to tourism and carved a whole section of the tree out so we could drive through it or something like that, and combined that with some amazing tourist merch like big tree hats!
Another Day, Another Beach, Another Tasty SnackAnother Day, Another Beach, Another Tasty Snack
Another Day, Another Beach, Another Tasty Snack

Here we are sittingwith Sukhpreet, relaxing on another beautiful beach after just polishing off some amazing snacks. How could you not like NZ?


1st January 2009

Happy New Year!
Hellooooooo from me and Evneesh, we have been reading your blog! We really happy to see the photos and with Sukhpreet! Wow that tree is MASSIVE!!!! miss u both love Sundeep and Evneesh x x x

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb