I'm Back !!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Whangarei
June 2nd 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Another day, another mountain!Another day, another mountain!Another day, another mountain!

While at St Gallen, Nicole took us for a drive and we went up Santis, a 2500m high mountain. Very windy , hence the stunning headwear !
Oh the joys of long-haul flying! I am soooo not doing that again for a lonnnnng time! However, after a couple of smallish delays, I arrived back in New Zealand on Saturday 31 May at 1.20pm. Home in Whangarei at 7pm, after an afternoon tea with James and his g/f Kylie and Laura. Managed to stay awake on the journey home ....just! (a coffee stop at Wellsford helped!!).

Now it's back to unpacking, washing, supermarket shopping, seeing family and psyching up for work Tuesday!

Just a few photos added to this which I could not upload for my last entry in Zurich.

What a fabulous holiday...had an awesome time... loads of memories and fun times.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Nicole and Maia on SantisNicole and Maia on Santis
Nicole and Maia on Santis

Two very happy ladies. It was a wonderful feeling to be up on the top of a mountain :)
Duckie goes WorldwideDuckie goes Worldwide
Duckie goes Worldwide

Spotted sitting cosily in a St Gallen shop window! For those of you who don't know, I have a 'thing' about ducks, especially bright yellow ones, and I have several about my home. Not sure how this one escaped, but here it was for all to see!!
Our Swiss SupperOur Swiss Supper
Our Swiss Supper

Nicole wanted us to have a Swiss experience as much as possible and treated us to a typical Swiss supper...including 'stinky' cheeses, wine, etc. Very yummy, although one of the cheeses was a no no for me after trying it a couple of times!
Whose Ice Cream?!Whose Ice Cream?!
Whose Ice Cream?!

For dessert after our Swiss Supper, there were two varieties of ice cream. All was not well, however, as Nicole had chosen a new variety of her favourite ice cream and was not all that keen to share with others! A brawl ensued and this is a photo of the 'friendly' banter of just who would get the ice cream! I have some video footage too but do not have permission from those involved to add it to my blog.....yet!!


Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0794s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb